Thursday, August 23, 2007

11 Months Moving Right Along


So, you knew I needed something huge to write about, so last night, you started to really walk. None of the pansy little one shuffle steps, but real steps. 5 or 6 of them! I was so proud of you! You didn’t think it was that big of deal. ‘Oh honestly mom, I could have started walking any time I felt like it.’ That’s so how you are.

You’ve finally got two little teeth, and your little toothy grin is hilarious. Your getting so big every day, I can’t believe that you use to be a tiny baby. You eat almost whatever you want, as long as it’s not too big. You chew everything with your gums, I don’t know if that just what babies your age do or if you’re extra smart. I think it’s that you’re extra smart and you know that soon enough, you’ll have teeth there. I’m starting to try and get you off the binkie, but it’s such a pacifier for the both of us. You love it because it makes you feel better and I love that it keeps paper out of your mouth and stops the screaming. You really don’t cry much, but when you are displeased, watch out, because you are a wrathful child. You shriek and squeak and now you’ve even got a frowny face, which is the most adorable thing I’ve ever seen. So your daddy and I laugh at you when you give us your best frown, I don’t think it’s the reaction that you’re going for.

Bath-time is still the best time, and it’s nice because I can let you play in the tub and splash in your little tub chair and I can get my make-up on or my teeth brushed at the same time, it’s such a time saver. Don’t worry, I don’t leave you alone, I know that you’re smart enough to get yourself out of your little chair and crawl naked as a jay-bird around the house if I don’t keep at least one eye on you at all times.

You’re first word really is going to be ‘kittie,’ you love all the cats. We watched a friend’s cat over the weekend, and while he didn’t like you, you love him to pieces. You chased him all over the house and were so frustrated that he kept moving to evade you. You’re little grunts while you tried to give him toys or get close enough to touch him were adorable. It’s a good thing that your sitters, past and present have cats.

Speaking of sitters, you are now going to be at Mandy’s a few days a week, this is your first week and you already have Mandy wrapped around your little finger. She sends me updates over the e-mail and pictures of your day and it makes me feel a tad better about missing you all day long. Hopefully you are learning lots there, I know she tries to teach you something new everyday.

This is your last monthly birthday before the big O-N-E year mark. It’s crazy how fast the time, but we’re already working on your party. It will be a small to largish gathering of aunts, uncles, cousins and grandparents. Basically everyone you know. I can’t wait to see what you do with your cake, if you’ll dive right in or if you’ll be dainty. In a month we’ll know!

It’s been a crazy, wild ride, but definitely worth every minute.

Love you,

Mama

No comments: