Thursday, April 23, 2009

31 Months of Coughing & Runny Noses

This month has been tough for us what with being sick all the time, between the two of us. Seems that of course you get every disease at daycare and then you give it to me. That's so like you, always sharing!
Of course with your diseases, you've occasionally taken the very needed nap! It's been blissful again! I can read or watch TV while you pass out and struggle to breathe through your nose! Everbody's happy! Except that we're not. We're still dying too.
At first we thought it could just be that you're getting new teeth (more teeth for you to not brush!) But then the cough came and that theory went all to pieces.
It's hard to believe how big you've gotten, you're running around like a maniac and talking in sentences and soon you'll be driving and going to college. Although if you can't subsist on a diet of cereal and hot dogs, that might not be the way to go. Hopefully hot dogs are brain food, since I know your little body needs more nutrition then just to suck on a chicken nugget and announce your done. I think it's your father's fault. I'm not sure how, but it can't be my fault. You usually don't try new foods, but if you do, it usually touches your tongue and is then dropped unceremoniously from your mouth, usually onto the carpet. Thanks for that. Like the cat puke isn't enough to keep me busy.
You are getting more vocal about singing. We have a potty song and you can sing with me for several other songs. You love to sing and it's so fun to listen to you when you're suppose to be sleeping and we hear you talking and singing to yourself.
Potty training is very hit and miss. Some days for hours you are great! and then you just can't be bothered anymore and there are accidents all over the place. Also, you are not so great with the #2 potty option. That is probably where the potty training goes right out the window. And really it's not so much that I'm "training" as I am "threatening" and "cajoling" and so far you're only receptive when you want to be, which is very frustrating.
I had parent-teacher conference, sort of. They say you're doing really well and you know all the shapes and colors, and while you're not doing great on using the potty, you're average with the other kids. Of course I was hoping to hear that you're the genius in the class and are learning to read all by yourself, I didn't expect it! But I'm glad that you are average. Reading other mommy blogs I've been forced to wonder what we would do if you were developmentally behind. Lucky for us, we don't have to worry about that at this point. Of course I totally expect you to have ADHD later, since you did take a sip of my soy milk that one time.
I love all the smiles and seeing your imagination really start to take off. It's scary what a big girl you are already, but a good scary.

Love You,
Mama

No comments: