Monday, October 25, 2010

5 Months of Toothless Grins

This month had you getting a round of shots and let’s just say you took it better than your sister did. I was worried that you would be sore and upset for days, but you were mostly fine. After the initial shock wore off, you seemed fine after eating and sleeping. Your sister couldn’t walk for 3 days without complaining about how much pain she was in. You measure about average, but you don’t weigh as much. You’re only in the 33rd percentile, which surprised me. Your sister always came up either average or a little more, I wonder if it’s because I’m not eating as much butter and chocolate with you. If that is the case, I’m sorry, but I was not able to wait 12 months to be able to fit back into my jeans, besides, I do my best to make sure you get the daily recommended amount of cookie dough. The things I do for you.
I’ve also officially joined the ranks of Mothers Who Worry. Thanks to your grandma who announced that all my siblings were moving and crawling at around 5 months old. And now you’ve also given up on rolling over. You have not done that in a while. You know that if you just cry, you’ll get turned over by me sooner or later, so why should you roll yourself over like a sucker? While you are great at tummy time and you love to kick your feet forever and ever, there is no scooting around. But as grandma said after telling me that you aren’t as mobile as you could be, you are incredibly smart. I concur on that one. You are the worlds smartest baby, that’s just how it goes. Sorry other smart babies, you don’t compare.
You are also very good natured. We had a bit of hiccup with who was watching you for 2 weeks, I had to scramble to find replacements when your grandparents went out of town, but all the different people that took their turn with you said what a good baby you were. Even your Grandpa Kurt says that all babies should be a good as you are. I know that I’m very lucky with you. You sleep at night, you’re happy most of the time, and you’re as cute as a button.
You were able to go with us to the zoo for your sister’s birthday and you had a great time. You loved being outside and you would squeal for joy. It was hilarious. I don’t think you were really aware that there were animals around us, but you definitely like going for long walks. There is one animal you are aware of, our cat Link. You love to reach out for him, and he’s attention starved enough that he’ll let you tug on his fur because he may get a few pets out of it, lucky for us, he’s very patient and just sits while I remove your chubby little fist from a clump of his fur.
I’m so happy to be able to watch you grow and learn, and here’s to making less mistakes with you, then I made with your sister! Being the 2nd child is the best!
Love you,
Mama

No comments: