Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Sing When You're Winning

I know I've been talking a lot of smack lately about Tori's new album, and while i do stand by most of my criticisms, I can't help but liking it a bit. It also helps that she's going to be here in concert tomorrow. And then Niki and I are going to go to Idaho to see her the next day.
But really, how awesome is this, I won tickets! I wasn't going to go to the Salt lake show because I forgot they were going on sale until a few hours later and then all the floor was gone, and it seemed silly to pay so much money to see her from the cheap seats. I still wanted to go, but for cheap, or free, because I'm like that. Niki and I decided that since we saw Tori in Idaho a few years back, in this same venue, it would be a great rode trip for us and we wound up getting 3rd row seats. Thank goodness Idahoans don't go to concerts because of all the potato farming they do.

But the best part is, not only do I get to see the concert for free, but we also get to sit in on the sound check and then have her sign something!! If this had been a Ticketmaster venue, this would be called the "VIP Ticket" and would have been about $150 to purchase. Free. Bless that radio station. I'm so excited that last night I couldn't get back to sleep for about 1 1/2 hours. It's like I'm a kid and it's Christmas. I don't know what to wear or how to do my hair. Freak. I'm so excited. I'm such a little fan girl. but I'm also excited about missing work, which is my favorite part of any trip, the time off! Of course the 5 hour drive isn't going to be any cakewalk but I'll take it over what I've got!

No comments: