Friday, February 22, 2008

Sweet 17 Months

Oh my little pretty princess. You are just the worlds fastest learner this month. You're starting to say all kinds of words. just this morning you surprised me when I pulled out your day socks and you said "ock!" I just about fell over! And just yesterday you learned how to climb up on big people chairs and sit just like a grown up, of course that also means you can now climb onto the table. I'm excited!



This month has been a lot of attitude and stubbornness from you. You refuse to do anything if you don't want to and you don't want to do anything unless it's your way. This can be frustrating as I want you eat and you don't want to. You can be really good about it, as long as you can feed yourself, but you're a little ticked off if I try to feed you. So anything that is not finger food does not make it passed your lips unless i can trick you into eating it and that only lasts about 1 maybe 2 bites. But you did awesome with Thai food! You really liked it! That and you flirted with the waitress all night long! I hope that reduced our bill a little.



Your crazy eating habits are driving me nuts. You won't eat hardly anything, except yogurt, you'll eat tons of yogurt, but no fruit, no bread, no veggies, no pizza, no mac'n'cheese. I tricked you into eating tiny little bites by asking you you what something tasted like and you do try it, but that was about as good as it would get. You want soup of something, but your hand/eye coordination isn't really that advanced. You are doing okay with your oatmeal, but some days are better than others and some days you don't really want to eat it, you want to paint with it or toss spoonfuls onto the floor.

You are such a daddy's little girl. You are even saying Daah-ee now, which is cute, but come on! I'm the one you slaves over your every need (from the hours of 5 pm to 7 am) but you love to show me that you want to hang out with daddy instead. You'll eat for him where you'll spit the food out if I give it to you. You'll cry if I pick you up but cry if he won't pick you up. It makes him feel very loved, but me a little less loved, but I guess it's your finicky child nature and of course you're starting your terrible twos way early.

You love to babble and our morning and evening drives are accented with you talking Chinese all the way to our destination (unless you are tired, then you just stare blankly until someone gets you out of your chair and you're full of life all of the sudden) and it's so cute, You talk to your toys and on pretend phones. I swear I'm not on the phone that much, so I don't know where you learned all this.

It's been a silly month full of love and it's been a hard month full of new teeth and being sick, but at least every day with you is an adventure.

Love,
Mama

No comments: