Thursday, February 14, 2008

Would you be my Valentine?

I remember fondly the days of childhood spent making pink and red paper hearts and infusing them with white paper dollies and maybe some glitter and then in the advancing years trying to figure out which store bought valentines were the best to give to my favorite friends and boys i had crushes on. I really wish that i could keep some of the paper magic alive after all these years, but really Valentines holds little meaning to me anymore. It's a good time to buy and eat chocolate, but really, I don't think that I need a holiday for that. I like the idea that there a holiday to tell people that you love them, but once again, should we need a holiday for that? Perhaps I'm just a scrooge because I'm at work and I just got down with my "scult and tone" class and it was "butts and guts" day (which honestly, thank you to my teacher as I've been waiting for her work out our butts all semester!) so now I'm tired and faced with the prospect of a long commute home and perhaps that has made me cynical. Even still, it's nice to have a day where even though we don't get work off, we could (if we could be bothered) make little pink contruction paper hearts for our friends and boys we have crushes on and no one will think we're weird today of all days.

2 comments:

EKluvsUK said...

You know if I were at that campus we would have rallied the pink paper. Actually...no, we would have taken a two hour lunch to celebrate the big day.

PS I made a new blogger name just for you.

Summie said...

Willow this is my blog i wasn't sure how to leave you a not about it.