Tuesday, April 22, 2008

19 Months, Hey!

You are now 19 months, but will all the attitude you’re throwing around you might as well be 19 years old. I can’t even count the times you yelled “No!” at me, sometimes when I want you to do something and sometimes for just being.
We have recently acquired a new cat and you are in love. You chase the cat around the house and when we can get you to sit for a minute he has been known to curl up on your lap while you hug the crap out of him. Of course he has also been someone to face your wrath as you shake things at him and yell “No!” Seems I am not the only person you must express your displeasure at.
Your eating is still touch and go, some days you will devour things I never thought you would and some days you live on air and sunshine. Although macaroni is usually in favor now as long as there is ample ketchup to go around. You are definitely related to your grandfather, he is also a lover of all things ketchup covered. I didn’t try to make you this way, it’s the way you were born.
For as much trouble as you have been lately, you’ve also been a ton of fun. There have been days where I completely lost track of time while we’re playing. There is nothing better then your little giggle when I’m teasing you. You are also fine playing by yourself. You love to take blankets and put your stuffed animals to sleep and tell them little stories and sing them little songs. You also love to “read” your books while sitting in your chair and carefully turning the pages. You are big enough to climb up onto the paino bench and open up the keys and play all by yourself. It’s neat to hear you experimenting with sounds and sneak hearing you sing your little songs. You don’t realize that I can hear you over the wall in the kitchen yet.
You’re getting used to the nursery at church. You love with the other kids, but you are so sure about me leaving you there, but I have to! I’m sure you get over your crying quickly as when I come to get you (almost 2 hours later!) they tell me how good you were.
You are definitely more independent everyday. You want to walk (or run!) whenever possible. You don’t want me to hold you or carry you. This can create a bit of a problem at stores or in crowds or restaurants. Luckily I haven’t lost you yet, but it’s only a matter of time. But when we look back at you getting lost, we’ll both know it was completely your fault.
We’ve started time outs and they do seem to work, although sometimes I don’t think you know what it’s really all about yet. Give it time little one and you’ll be screaming your way through time outs and saying how mean we are to you.
Your vocabulary is increasing by leaps and bounds. Now you can mimic a lot of words and will even say “please” when prompted. Mostly it’s still gibberish, but you also make meowing sounds if you’re trying to play with the cat. It’s adorable.
I can’t wait to see what this next month brings!

Love you,
Mama

No comments: