Monday, April 28, 2008

Is There Room in My Heart

About 2 weeks ago just as I walked in the door, Husband was calling me and telling me to head over to the PetSmart and bring the check book.
About 2 years ago, we gave our cat to Michael's brother and his family because he was going a little nuts being alone all day. Now the family is pretty tired of him and their little girls basically just torture him, so when they asked when we wanted our cat back, I decided that since they took him off our hands with the agreement that if things didn't work out, we would take him back, we should do the gracious thing and take him back.
So while we are still waiting for the return of our old cat, Nemo, Husband decided that Nemo would need a friend for when we're at work. I was apprehensive. Honestly, I've enjoyed not having to shut doors and vacuum everyday, not to mention that I don't love shoveling animal crap. Husband showed me the little guy that had won his heart. I still didn't really want another animal. I was done after the second cat died. I didn't want to be a cat person again. I was done with animals, I'm not a clean freak, so it makes my house that much dirtier faster, plus there's all the people that are allergic. My dad, my sister in law, my friends. I didn't want to go back to being the house where people can't go or the stinky house because I know that I'm lazy, and lazy people shouldn't be in charge of the litter box.
This cat is nice, he's very lovey-dovey and he's not black! He's a brown and black tabby with a white throat and paws. He actually looked just like the cat on the adoption flyer they gave us. So about $300 later we are the proud owners of a new cat.
So I am mildly allergic, I can't remember the last time I sneezed so much. I didn't want to like him. But Hayley loves him with the fire of the sun and he's really good with her, doesn't scratch her when she sits on him and he hasn't been meowing in the middle of the night and scratching on our door. We've named him Link because he has lynx-like black tuffs on his ears and Well, the Legend of Zelda rocks!
Last night Link and I were watching TV because he's the lappingest lap cat ever and I realized that i was smiling, grinning from ear to ear because of the little purring machine on my lap.
So I guess there is room in my heart for one more cat.

No comments: