Monday, September 22, 2008

2 Years Passes Like 24 Months

I'm sorry that your birthday was not spent doing the most fun things ever. We got your pictures taken and then went to lunch with daddy and you were way too into coloring to eat your sandwich or your fries. Then it was off to the doctors office, Ouch! On your birthday? Sorry, we were going to go to the zoo but it was rainy on your birthday. So yeah, sorry.
But the next day we went to the zoo! And you really loved the monkeys, feeding the swans and the pooping elephants. Aside from the animals, you loved the play ground more then anything else and watching other kids was an added bonus.

I look at your pictures from a year ago and can hardly believe your the same little person. You didn't even have much curly hair to speak of and now it's all over the place.

You're speaking in fairly complete sentences now and can usually get across most of your ideas to me. You know more then I even think you do, naming things I never taught you. That's what is so nice about all the people that watch you. Your not limited to just my meager knowledge, so at least you have that going for you.

It's so fun to come home from work and when i walk through the door to hear your little shrieks of "Mommy! Mommy's home!" It's nice to know that you missed me, or at least that you want me to sit and watch Go Diego, Go with you.
We're starting the whole "potty training thing" and so far it's just getting comfortable with the potty. We bought you a book! It has Elmo in it and it makes noise! I'm sure that'll teach you everything you need to know. Please?

I've gone a little nuts buying you things. Tell me how it is that I can withhold buying things for myself that are much needed, like pants that fit and shoes that are 2+ years old to wear to work, but when it comes to you, I can't hold back any amount of money? Trust me, if you don't look good, it's not because I didn't buy you nice clothes, it's because your father never changed your outfits from one day to the next so you're always encrusted in peanut butter goo and filth. You don't mind. You would rather not be able to see then sit still for the 2 minutes it would take to comb your hair. So tragic, but it's not my fault! I tried to teach your father how to work a pony tail, but his boy fingers can't figure it out.
So far 2's temperament is not chipper. 2 is fairly surly and has wide mood swings and pouts for no real reason. But 2 is also filled with giggles and dancing and smiles that I'm sure would melt six feet of snow. So I guess we'll wait and see how this thing pans out.

Love,
Mama

No comments: