Wednesday, March 25, 2009

30 Months of Ups and Downs

This month has been full of ups and downs. You love school still, but come to find out your hitting and while I've tried time-outs and reasoning and taking away privileges, and you are doing better at home and finally after a few weeks, you're doing better at school. But it was a tough time trying to find a way to get through to you. But I think you're doing better.

You are also doing better using the potty! Of course if you're watching a movie or playing you still don't realise that you have to stop and use the bathroom, but mostly of the day when we're at home, you're wearing training pants. Which you like to call your "ariels" since I bought you underwear with Ariel on them, so now everything is ariels.

The trip was your first ever experience with the ocean. It was great to see your reaction. You loved to run into the water and "touch your toes" I was worried that it would be too scary for you, what with all the crashing waves and the vast hugeness of it all, but I guess to a 2 and 1/2 year old, that doesn't matter. And now it's official, you are 2 and 1/2, I've been saying that for about a month now, since it's easier than saying 29 months.

Also, on our trip, you had your first experience on a "big girl" bed. The couch bed where you could get up whenever you felt like it, although I think that didn't really register for you, since you stayed put all night and when you couldn't sleep or when you woke up in the morning, you still fussed until I came to get you.

Naps were also completely given up on since I was obviously more likely to sleep then you were, and I'm very sad that this means I'll not have a few brief moments in the future to get anything done, but maybe with warmer months coming I can just send you outside for hours instead, I'm pretty sure that's what my mom did to us. I'm looking forward to gardening without worrying whether or not your were awake from your nap yet, of course I'll have to keep an eye on you, so there are still some pros and cons about that.
After a vacation where we could spend time out of doors without dying of exposure, has made me really excited for the coming months of summer where we'll be able to run and play at our hearts content (hint, I'll be content waaaay before you are) and all the good times we'll have.

I can't wait!

Mom





No comments: