Monday, March 02, 2009

Live and Let Rock

This Valentine's Day was good to my family. We are now getting money for Husband's disability and I decided to splurge a bit and get us a Wii. My parents got one for Christmas and it's so fun, and I really wanted to get Rock Band and Wii Fit, so I figured we'd start there.
Well, Husband is too generous and sometimes ignores my pleadings to save money, so he got us Rock Band 2. I couldn't stay mad at him however, while I rocked it on the drums. I don't know that we'll ever play another game on our system. This game is so addictive! We've had friends over to play and everyone loves it. Some times it hard to coordinate after a while of playing it. The drums require you to be able to hit 1 or 2 different notes at the same time while using the kick petal and keep in time. I love the drums. Love them. I know I need to get better at guitar, but drums are so AWESOME!! I have also found love for the band Paramore, since the song list features their song "That's what you get" and it's my favorite to play.
Well, quite a few of the songs are metal or hard rock and that's just not me or Husband, so we've started to download songs! But unfortunately the majority of the downloadable songs aren't available on the Wii. Wh-what?? Apparently they are working on it, but not before I was all excited to down load Blur and Siouxsie and the Banshees, which aren't available. Poop. We still got some good songs, like Paramore's "Crushcrushcrush" which is a blast and Oasis "Wonderwall" and at $2 a pop for each song I'm thinking about just buying the first rock band game used, but then we get more metal and death rock songs, but we'll get the Killers too. Life is full of tough choices.
But I'm playing some of the super easy songs on Expert. I'm pretty awesome. I also love my little rock star that I made. She's so cool, long bright red dreads with green eyes and a rockin' outfit. I kind of wish I could be her, touring the world with my made up rock band, not a care in the world except hitting the right notes and staying on beat. Her name is Zena. I think I definitely have some of that in me.
So long story short, if you play rock band once, you want to play it forever and ever.

1 comment:

Niki said...

Did I not tell you this like, a year ago? ;) I knew you'd totally love it and your inner rock star would come bursting out! I'd so be your groupie!

So when are you having us over? :)