Tuesday, May 26, 2009

32 Months of Twinkle

I realised after the last post, if I don't have pictures taken and ready to go up here that if I post, they will never be done, so yes I'm late, but pictures are better then no pictures.
I think it's a mark that you're getting older, that I have to make a point to take your picture at all. I used to follow you around with the camera waiting for something cute to happen. Or perhaps it's that I'm used to your cuteness, so I'm desensitised to it.
I realised yesterday that we're been trying to potty train you for longer then I realised. 9 months almost, and though some days are worse then others (see how I didn't say better?) and I'm feeling really defeated, as there has been little to no progress from where we were 3 months ago. And now just getting you to sit on the potty is a trial. I don't know what to do at this point, I'm kind of giving up, so if you're going to college in diapers, this is where that all started. Sorry about that, but it's your own fault.
The last few days you've gone from your miniature appetite to actually eating food. And you act like I'm starving you. Like I don't offer you food at all the proper intervals. You had your first picnic of the season yesterday and I think the clean air made you extra hungry since you finished your plate of food and kept going. Asking for more hot dogs, more yogurt and finishing what I gave you. I'm enjoying the hungry you, even if you are more demanding, but I'd rather you demand to eat rather then proclaim that dinner is for the weak. Then after your big lunch you ate a ton of food for dinner. I was so shocked I didn't even know what to feed you! Luckily there was plenty of food that day. It was a BBQ full of jello and veggies and ice cubes! You ate chips and carrots and even raw broccoli and cauliflower (double-dipped in the ranch dressing.)
You are loving the nice weather. You want to be outside constantly. Which is all well and good, since it helps me get the weeding done in the garden. Our backyard finally goes with the front yard (meaning there is grass and it's even green.) Last year the backyard was nothing but knee high weeds and dirt, but somehow it's turned into a lawn with a garden. Of course the trouble now is keeping you out of the garden. You steal our shovels and use them with abandon. I never know when you will strike at vegetables or weeds alike. I've tried to give you your own little patch of earth, but your not buying it which means there may be more broccoli with missing leaves in the future.
You're going through a weird phase were you don't want me to leave you. Not at school, not at nursery. You want to go, but you don't want me to leave you there. You actually cried today as I left you at school. You're being very clingy, but then if I was to come and get you, you would cry that you have to leave. Make up your mind little girl! Of course now, it's daddy's turn to pick you up so that I can work late, then we'll be able to have Fridays to ourselves. I'm excited that we'll be together another day. maybe we can get this potty thing worked out.
Kisses,
Mama

No comments: