Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Smooth Like Dolphin

Combobulations Elizagerth

That's right folks, I'm taking a cake decorating class. And I'll tell you something they don't tell you in the brochure, it's a costly endeavor. You think the class costs $25 which isn't bad. But come to find out, that pays for the person to tell you have to make icing. Not the actual icing. Or the cake. Or the stuff you use to put icing onto the cake. So I think I'm in for $100 right now. I needed a new cake pan. The teacher had a 3" pan and I totally wanted one! It's cute, so no worries and I tested it out for this weeks lesson. It worked like a dream. The cake almost popped itself out of that sucker it was so easy to remove! But then there was the frosting. Lucky for me I have a partner in my crime, the best ever Niki who helped me make enough icing to ice about 4 cakes in a myriad of pale colors that would help me make the best cake ever. And it was a good thing too, because making that much icing took about 3 hours that i wouldn't have had if I wasn't at someone else's house, spilling powdered sugar all over someone else's floor.
This was Stars week, as you might be able to tell from my cake. We also worked on the base of your Wilton™ rose that we will perfect by the end of class. It's suppose to look like a white Hershey's kiss. We did well. We are amazing. Then we worked on writing and lines and whatnot. Let's just say that Niki and I are the stars of that class. Really. Everyone wants to be us. And I can't blame them. I only ate small amounts of frosting and my mouth didn't even get stained blue! I'm excited to go back next week, and that's a good sign.
And then after my class I found out I'm a new auntie again! It was a sweet day.

1 comment:

Becca said...

Oooh, look at your beautiful cake! I am jealous, but I don't have much patience for cake decorating, and I'm not much for flower making abilities or anything else.