Thursday, February 04, 2010

Welcome to my New Year!

Holy no posts batman!
It is I! I know I haven't updated in awhile, so I probably no longer have anyone following. But here's to a new 2010!
Picking up Hayley from preschool the other day, she was in her plastic smock running water in the sink over some plastic dishes and singing "doing the dishes, doing the dishes" and it took me a while to convince her that she was done with the dishes and she should really come home with me. But it strikes me at odd times that she really is her own little person. She is almost fully 3 and a half and while 3 has been a crap shoot, its just the beginning. In a few more years she'll be in kindergarten. I'm not okay with that. She says she's not my baby anymore. She's just Hayley. I told her she'll always be my baby, but she's not buying it.
I don't know how real the knowledge is that she'll have a little brother in 3.5 months is to her yet. She seems aware that there is a baby in my tummy but I don't know that she's figured out that at some point the baby will sleep in her room and she'll get a big girl bed and be in another room. It doesn't help that every time I have her feel where her brother is kicking, he always stops. Stage fright I guess. He never quits when someone isn't touching my stomach. He just like to make me uncomfortable.
Speaking of uncomfortable: I'm now 24 weeks along and this week people are telling me that is "so far!" and that I should be excited. And have a name all picked out. Honey, I don't have anything ready. I have to get done with this semester of school before I can have this kid and I just started. We're 4 weeks into the 16 week semester, so I'm pretty sure that May is a long, long ways away.
This gestation hasn't been too bad for me. No morning sickness (I can say that now with confidence that I'm well into the second trimester) and no crazy craving for fast food and no vegetables ever. Still Christmas happened and now when I read how much weight I'm supposed to have gained. I just laugh and times the smaller amount by 2 and that's closer to where I'm at. My back has a sharp pain in it, but only when I'm sitting, standing or laying down and trying change positions. So that's fun. I'm trying to stay more fit and I'm still able to do a lot of my workouts, just taking out some jumps and high intensity here and there, so I feel pretty accomplished that I'll be able to get back in shape before this baby is 12 months old, but time will tell. I'm still sad that even now I shouldn't eat a Blue Bacon Cheeseburger, because if you can't do that when your preggo, then when can you my friends?

No comments: