Wednesday, October 01, 2014

8 Years of Pink

Well little girl, you finally made it to 8. You’ve started second grade and just got baptized. You are a little Mathlete since math is your favorite subject, which makes your accountant mama very happy.
I’m so proud of you for choosing to be baptized and it was a very special day that you let us share with your baby brother for his blessing.
You’ve started playing the piano over the summer and I’m impressed by how well you are already doing. You have a problem counting, but you probably get that from me, since your grandma was always yelling at me that I needed to count. Wow, I am just like my mother now!
You’ve become a great big sister to your littlest brother and you want to hold him and carry him around and read to him all the time, it’s nice to have a little helper!
You are “crazy” about My Little Ponies, which are totally different from when I was a girl, but I’m glad that you like them just like I did.
You are developing your own sense of style, which is sometimes a little bit crazy for my tastes, but you love to wear arm warmers, long skirts with pants and jackets.

It’s been a great 8 years; I’m excited to see what the next 8 have in store for you. But don’t be a teenager. Not sure I can handle that.

Love you,

Mama

No comments: