Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Good morning 8 Months!



So just to taunt me after I said you were sleeping through the night, you decided to never sleep again! You’ve had this cough, but only when you’re lying down and have been asleep for 3-4 hours. And then last night, just to ring in the new month you were waking up for no reason. I threw a pillow at your dad but he slept through that too.

This month has been a month of learning and growing and getting way too big too fast. You’re starting to clap your hands, which is hilarious, but you’ve also started to pull yourself up to stand on sturdy and sometimes not so sturdy things. This means you are only a hop and skip from walking! Why do you have to grow up?

You’re a wonderful crawler and can scoot all over the place, which is making for red little knees, but lately it’s been too hot for pants, so I hope your knees recover. You just need to start walking sooner!

I went shopping. I was looking for things for me, so I spent $6 on me and $50 on you. So good job you! It’s tough because I look chubby regardless of what I put on but your look awesome in everything I can pick up! It’s not a matter of finding something flattering because your little body rocks every outfit! I’m hoping to get the tutu skirt here soon, but maybe not until you can walk.

You still love people, strangers, whoever! You are full of gummy smiles and little giggles for everyone. Of course kids are your favorite. Unfortunately your cousin Jewelia isn’t so keen on you, but you love her! You want to pull her little ringlets and squish her chubby little face to yours. Mostly she doesn’t want anything to do with you or just make sure that you don’t take her toys. Maybe when you’re a little older you’ll be fast friends, but at the moment she’s the princess and she doesn’t like sharing her crown.

Food is still a little tricky. You’re more open to new tastes and would eat all my food if given the choice, but even when you’re excited to eat your pureed foods you’re only interested for a few bites and then comes the whining and the need to be on the floor or on my lap.

You are so independent. You don’t want to be cuddled you want to explore, of course most of the time you’re only comfortable exploring as long as you know that mommy and daddy are near by.

I still feel like an inadequate mother, but I think everyone feels that way. I’m just so glad that I get to share in this journey with you.

That's my baby!

No comments: