Wednesday, May 09, 2007

You Have Killed Me


Wow. Saw Morrissey last night. It was amazing. He played 5 Smiths songs. I never dreamed I would get to hear "The Queen is Dead" and "Boy with the Thorn" live. Being born a decade too late, but there it was. It was fantastic.

Since the seats were free they weren't great so we decided to move a little closer to the stage, which was great because the venue was anything but full, so we got moved to just off center and 4 rows back. Which would have been great if the whole floor wasn't general admission, so we were seated behind that, but we had a perfect view and all the people I brought with me had a good time. Even Summer, who was a bit appalled when he took off his shirt (twice) and threw it into the crowd. Which was when I knew that Morrissey is getting old. He's got a bit of a gut, I mean I know he will be 48 later this month, but it's hard to see your idols grow old, it reminds of the slow march towards death that we all are on.
Opened with 'The Queen is Dead' which was amazing. I was happy that he played 'You have Killed Me' just because it was a song that i knew Magen would know. We got to hear 'Ganglord' which is a great b-side that I seriously need to get. When they played 'Boy with the Thorn' I was thrilled. I love this song so much and the whole time I couldn't stop jumping around and dancing and grinning like a fool. I was super happy for Erika when he played 'I've Changed my Plea' because even though she's only been listening to Moz, for, what, a week? She really loves this song. 'Life is a Pigsty' into 'How Soon is Now?' was incredible. Morrissey laying on the floor and the 'Auld Lang Syne' in between was very poignant. All in all, it was spectacular, I was so pleased that I was able to go and I'm kicking myself that I didn't spend the money and get some tickets on the GA floor. Oh well, these were free.

Afterwards (with no coaxing from me) my friend suggested we wait around to see if we could see the Man himself. It was no use, we spend about an hour and a half only to see his town car speed away without even seeing him since the windows were so dark, but it was still fun to hang out and get giggly that late at night. So now I'm at work with only 6 hours of sleep under my belt and I was actually here early! How did that happen? No idea, but if i found out, then I'm going to bottle it and use it every morning.

I don't know how Husband and Child did without me last night, but there isn't any poop on the walls and Husband managed to leave for work early this morning, so it couldn't have been too bad.

No comments: