Tuesday, May 08, 2007

The Key to Being a Bad Wife

I think I figured it out. Being a bad wife is all about not changing out the toilet paper roll. Husband didn't care that I washed the dishes after he made dinner (this almost never happens, I have to applaud him) but we still got into an argument about how I am so thoughtless because I don't change the toilet paper roll. Because even aliens have to use the smallest room, I should be more considerate.
Maybe if I wasn't around to make sure he had sandwiches for lunch the next day or made sure we had clean dishes and bottles and clean diapers and the child drifted off to dreamland with a clean bottom, while Husband gets to snore while I finish caring for our home and family.
Yeah he works crazy long hours, but I have two jobs. I have the 40 hours a week and I have the mother and wife job. I know he doesn't think that it's really that taxing, but it is. There's something everyday that I have to take care of immediately. I'm the one who makes sure we have food to eat and then usually makes it into something that he will approve of (must contain meat!) and then clean up the dishes and eventually wash them.
This is a job, I just don't get paid. Boy am I under-appreciated.

No comments: