Thursday, June 19, 2008

Yikes! Okay, so when I said this blog wouldn't be all about my child, I lied, since nothing else will make me motivated enough to post.
Going camping this weekend, in theory that should provide a lot of blog fodder next week, but knowing me I'll only think about blogging and then, poof, my brain will magically ignore it all. Husband is leaving next week, he'll be gone for 3 months. I've known this was coming, but since it kept getting pushed back, I could almost pretend I would never have to deal with it. Now I'm going to have to deal with being a really real single mom (without the dating) for that long. Husband has been doing good lately, picking up our daughter since I'm working extra to take Fridays off and helping with the chores. So now that he's doing well, he has to go! It's for the best, he needs to get there and get this thing done with, but he's going to miss our 7th anniversary, my birthday and our little one's birthday, not to mention the rest of the summer, which since it's finally warm, just started.
I know I have the awesome help of my family and friends and I really do appreciate all the things everyone does for our little family, but I haven't had to do this solo thing since before Hayley was born, so I don't know how well I'm going to be able to handle it. Of course I will handle it, because there's nothing else to do but keep trucking, so I will, but things have been so hard as it is right now and they are going to get just a little bit harder.
But I do have you, Internet. Thank goodness for that.
In other news, I'm totally starving. Okay, I'm not one of those kids in Africa, but holy smokes I could devour a sandwich! Or a Goat! (only in gyro form of course) Mmmm smothered in tzatziki sauce. Anyway, so camping this weekend, hope your weekend is lovely too.

2 comments:

Becca said...

Where is Michael going?

ekluvsny said...

You've been there so much for me, I'll be here for you as much as I can be. "Life is what happens when you're making other plans." ~John Lennon, he knows a thing or two, after all, he was the Walrus.

I heart all three of your family's faces, including Miguel. :) It's for the best and although it sucks now, it'll help things in the long run. Oh, and notice I left my "hearting" to all the actual people in the household, I have nothing but hate and spite for your cat. ;p