Thursday, August 07, 2008

Random acts of Monkeys

I'm not just a mommy blogger, I'm not! I swear! As cute as my little girl is, I do have thoughts independent from her. Juts not that many.
Here at work I've been doing a "summer" schedule where I work 4 ten hour days and get a nice long weekend. Well my peoples, summer is over. It's my last week working the longer but infinitely more awesome schedule. And it's killing me. I would really like to do this all the time, and when things slow down, maybe I can, but things aren't slow right now and that makes me want to poke out my eyes and scramble my brain with a fork. Is that excessive? You don't even want to know.
I'm considering going back to school to get out of this mess. It took me like, 7 years to get my associates degree people. How am I suppose to want to go back to never sleeping or working out because there's no time! and that was all pre-child! I don't think I can handle it. I also don't want to take any lame classes, but it turns out to get accounting degrees you have to take a ton of lame classes, where the only reading requirements aren't going to be page turners. They are going to be text books. I would be cool getting an English degree. But to get one, I also have to have a 3000 level understanding of a foreign language. I thought I could do that with Spanish, I finished up to beginning the 2000 levels, but the whole last month of that class I didn't understand a thing of what was going on and only passed because I had a very lenient teacher who liked me. So I can't get an English degree without knowing a foreign language. Who thought that was a good idea? So I'm screwed the only classes I want to take won't help me get a degree unless I can overcome this language block. Maybe I should try German again, I seemed okay with that in school, but this is freaking college, I don't think I'll be able to get by just because I'm good at homework and tests.
If I could pass Spanish I could study Shakespeare or medieval poetry or women's literature or something cool like that, but then what would I do with it? I wish my idea to be a rockologist is nice, but not something that would probably pay the bills. Maybe Journalism. I'm actually thinking about that right now. So I have to go and think some more.

No comments: