Monday, December 22, 2008

27 Months Of Sass

You are such a sassy young thing. We are continuing your Christmas education. You're completely in love with Frosty the Snowman. You will watch those Frosty cartoons over and over and over. You're not quite as sold on the stop-motion things like Santa Claus is Coming to Town and Rudolph, but we're trying. If your father would make you watch those more instead of giving into your demands for more "snowman" then I wouldn't have to work so hard to get you to know the other stuff! You know that Santa will be bringing presents and you can recognise Santa and snowmen at will and you know what reindeer look like, but you still need to watch Rudolph again.
You're still throwing in nonsense words to your talking, but mostly when you talk to yourself, your pretty good about communicating with us. Your also singing more. Especially when your in the car. I've had to turn on the child window locks because you have figured out that you can step on the buttons in the jeep and buttons are fun!
You are still a pain to fix food for, but now eggs are on the approved foods list. You like scrambled eggs with ketchup, which is awesome. I love ketchup on my eggs. Your father is not so impressed.
I'm excited for the holidays to spend more time with you and hopefully get back to some potty training. We've kinda abandoned that after the first time and it was so frustrating, but it's been a month, I've calmed down and so have you ( I hope.)
You're starting to really get some separation anxiety. I almost didn't get to perform with the ward choir yesterday since you wouldn't let me go without crying and even taking you to Poppi's house you want to stay with me (until about 30 seconds after I've gone and you remember that Poppi spoils the daylights out of you.) It makes me feel bad, so thanks there, but it's also a little nice that you love me best, more than poppi or grandma. I want you to like me, even if I Put you in time out.
You have to sit in time out quite a lot. Throwing things is a bad habit of yours and it seems that even though you get put in time out for throwing food and crayons off your tray, you persist.
You're really into stacking. You take the candy tins and stack them over and over and now you're really playing with the wooden staking blocks that I got you for your birthday, your not just having fun pushing things down, you build! It's fun to watch your little mind work out which blocks will go on top.


I suppose we won't trade you in for a newer model yet.

Heart You!
Mama

No comments: