Tuesday, December 02, 2008

The Cookie Monster

Unfortunately I have discovered cupcake cake bites. This is unfortunate for a number of reasons. Mostly being that I don't have them. And secondly, i don't even have the ingredients to make them. And thirdly, even if I DID have said ingredients, I wouldn't want to make them, seeing as how I would eat them and ruin my whole "I'm eating healthily so that clothes still fit after the holidays" and it's killing me.
I've been reading bakerella.blogspot.com so many times in the past 2 days that I'm starting to see these little suckers in my sleep. I think about which cake mix I would use (red velvet or white? chocolate or yellow? Moist or bargain brand?) and how I should decorate them (snowmen! snowflakes! Christmas trees? stars?) So while I was at groups last night with husband, while the menfolk talked about their "feelings" I was envisioning where I should purchase the melting chocolate and whether I could use my skewering sticks or if I needed to buy lollipop sticks. You can't see it in this picture (but it's so cute anyway) but you can put them on a stick! Food is always so much better on a stick! Imagine corn dogs with no stick and you see what I'm talking about.
I'm also trying to pretend that I'm not Christmas shopping. All day long. But chances are, if you're getting a gift from me, it's already in my shopping basket. Metaphorically. I just hope you like it! And that's why it's still in my basket instead of on my charge card. What if you don't like it? I'm such a bad friend getting you something so obvious, this is why we're going to have that falling out soon. I don't blame you. I will try and move on to people who don't expect too much from me. Or you'll love it! I'm a good friend and we'll be besties forevs and evs because I got you just what you wanted. I shall bask in your praise at my ninja-like shopping skills.
With this is mind, I have not thought of one solid thing to get for my 2 year old. She of the movie watching variety. We have so many stuffed animals, but wouldn't she just love a care bear? We also have so many Disney movies that she hasn't even watched them all, but we don't have Sleeping Beauty, she would love that! And she's got clothes! A lovely mother is our neighborhood whose daughter is about a year older than Hayley gave us all her hand me downs. She has clothes coming out the wazoo. I only have her wash her clothes about every 2 weeks and that's barely re-wearing the perfectly good jeans from the day before. And I fret. She's tall in her torso, she can wear 3t in most shirts now, so I don't want to buy her 2t stuff just because that's the size she should be in, but sometimes the 2t are still big. So I don't want to buy her clothes, but she has a multitude of toys she neglects to watch more Nemo (again), so I don't want to buy her toys. But I'm afraid her mind and muscles will wither while she watches TV, so I don't want to get her DVDs! Argh! Christmas! Why can't you be more about the baby Jesus then what is in those packages? I'm just as guilty. I finally took pity on my husband and made him a wish list, and also one for my brother who has me in the family gift exchange. I have two separate wish lists! I haven't had a wish list since I was 14 and asked my parents for a Pearl Jam CD (yeah, Pearl Jam, remember when they were cool?)
Where was I? Oh yes, this post is about cake balls. So please, come over to my house with a box of cake mix, some melting chocolate and some sticks, you might just leave with all the ones I couldn't fit into my mouth while you weren't looking! It's a Christmas miracle!

No comments: