Tuesday, November 25, 2008

26 Months of Wonderful

I can't believe how much you change even month to month. This month you've started adding non-sense sounds to actual words and phrases. I'm not sure if it's wanting to sound like you have more to say, or that I just talk so much that you're trying to keep up.
It's really difficult leaving you every morning, but the loves and kisses that come when I get home are very nice. It seems like you actually miss me, even though I know that when I get home, the TV gets turned off and then it's nothing but whining for "Credibles" or "I's Age" and I'm the mean parent that refuses to let your brain rot when there are shows I could be watching instead.
Your still a very picky eater and very much in charge of what you eat. We go through the list of things you will eat at meal time. Tacos? sandwich? mac and cheese? it's anyones guess, but you still have a little belly, so I figure that means you're not starving. You can put away sweets like it's no one's business, but real food only gets a few bites in before you are totally done.
I'm a little sad, all the 2T clothes I've been saving for you, well the tops are a little short. Apparently you have a long torso but stubbly little legs. I do not have a long torso, so maybe this is something that you will grow out of and become a normal sized child, or maybe you're going to be a freak of nature, but I hope not. I hope that some day you eat and grow like a normal child, but for now we'll just try and make sure you are eating something with some kind of vitamins. Although I gave you some toast with Nutella on it, and you loved that more then life itself, it was like candy! That's what I do with stuff, just smother it in chocolate and call it good.
Today your favorite color was green. We were looking at a Christmas tree here at work and they had fiber optic ornaments that changed color. You were only happy when the lights were green. When they would change you would say "Oh! Green gone!" and wait until it turned green again and say "There is!" It was pretty cute, but I've never noticed any affinity for green, so maybe it's just today. I can't wait to put up our tree. Last year you were still pretty young and didn't get the whole Christmas scene, but this year, what with all the Christmas videos i have, you'll be an expert!
I'm hoping that this thanksgiving you try the food. As I recall the only thing you tasted last year was jello and even that wasn't good enough for you. What kid doesn't like jello? Even I liked jello! I have high hopes once again for stuffing. It's my favorite, and I'd like to pass on my love of fatty goodness. Actually I would hope that you remain aloof from food. If you have my genes at least, time will tell, as your father has no sisters what the female body shape will end up being. My fingers are crossed for "never needs to think about what she eats" body type. My life would be so much better if that's where I was. And if I wasn't obsessed with diary. Wait, this isn't a post about my insecurities? Oops. Anyway, I hope you eat things at some point, that's all I'm saying.
Here's to the next month!

Kisses,
Mama

No comments: