Monday, March 24, 2008

Can It Be? 18 Months?


Oh my little girl, you are SO big now! You said with clear distinction "Shoe" yesterday. You are starting to really mimic things we say, or at least try to, where you used to stop talking if we tried to get you to repeat a word. Now you know that you're trying to communicate!
Easter was a blast! We did a little "practice round" with the plastic eggs in the living room, but boy were you happy to find these little treasures outside! You looked so adorable in your little pink dress and you curls running around in the bright morning light and finding all the (completely unhidden) eggs. You were even happier to find out that in some eggs, there was chocolate. And the heavens opened and the angels wept with joy.

You are now officially in nursery at church so your father can quit being such a baby about how hard it is to watch you, because I have to watch 4 kids you are so much worse! But I actually have to try and teach those kids something, at least with you, it's all about making sure you don't scream too loudly. But with our first week in nursery comes the first week of getting the Treat Bucket. I have to fill it with nutritious snacks for babies. I can't get you to eat any nutritious snacks, so I don't see why other people's kids should get anything from me!
Speaking of eating, I don't know what to think of you. I thought I figured out the trick to getting you to eat macaroni (ketchup!) but the trick only worked once, you have now figured out my game. I was so clever, I kept giving you things to dip into your ketchup and you would eat them! Now you just eat the ketchup and throw the food onto the floor. Thanks for that by the way.

You are so getting more lovely (possibly because of the hunger pains you must be feeling) but you hug! you hug me! Usually it's you hugging other people and trying not to actually touch me, but the other day you ran up to me and put your stubby little arms around my legs and it wasn't because you were afraid of something! Hurrah!
Now that you are starting to grow out of your 18 month sized clothing we've hit a snag. There aren't too many items of clothing in the next bigger size. And what we do have, is definitely summer wear. And March? It's not very summer-like. So I'm hoping that you can squeeze that tummy into your old clothes for just a little while longer while I figure out how to make a weeks worth of outfits out of 2 outfits. I think it might take some cash and going to the baby section in ShopKo (they have the cutest stuff!)

With the approaching warm weather comes "doing things outside" and so I've been trying to take you outside more whenever I'm home. You love it. There is nothing funnier that you running down the sidewalk. Although it gets less cute when you are headed for the street, which is where you always head. Which is weird. i know the yard is not green and lush, but it's got to be better than blacktop, right? So keeping you in the backyard is a must, behind the fence. Your fascination with rocks and the sprinkler heads is good watching. I think you'll definitely be a rock collector when you've out grown trying to put them into your mouth.

It's been a hard and interesting month, but you're weathering the storm quite well!

Love ya!

Mama

No comments: