Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Newness Squared

Okay, I just wanted to draw attention to my new masthead. Most of you have already seen it, but I just have such a little crush on it. I love the colors and the way that things blend (except that part that doesn't. Curse you Photoshop!) I seriously spent a lot of time this weekend just staring at it. That was of course, when I wasn't staring at my new fish (see how this works, when the fish are interesting, they are mine, when they are lame, they are Husband's.)

Did I mention the new fish? My brother, who is a fish expert, heard that we only clean our tank once or twice a year and almost had heart failure right there. I guess we're suppose to clean it every week. Every week? Are you kidding? When we had a cat, he was lucky if we cleaned the litterbox every week and that thing stank! The fish tank doesn't bother us if it's all grimey, because we're like that. Anyway, my brother came over on Saturday and helped to clean it. He also knew that most of our non-guppy fish had died/were eaten and so took me and Hayley to the pet store to view fish. My brother spent a lot more time diciding what out tank needed then I even thought possible. Meanwhile Hayley was trying to run through the store and take things off the shelves. Note to self: No trip inside a store is ever too short not to get a cart.
So after getting 3 bags full of different fish our tank is full to the rafters. There are 3 fish that zoom back and forth and up and down all day long. If I had known there were fish like this, I would have gotten some long ago, because these fish, they make it so interesting to stare at the tank. I spend a good 15 minutes Saturday night just watching the fish. Not the the TV, not playing with my daughter or reading a book. Watching the fish swim. Back and forth and back again. I think it's probably just that I'm easily entertained now that I watch so much Hannah Montana on the Disney channel. But man, I even had think "Okay, you're just watching fish, go to freaking bed!" and it still took another 5 minutes before I left! Like the fish were going to start a conga line just as I turned the lights off. They probably did, just to spite me.

1 comment:

Niki said...

Well, you know watching fish can be quite soothing. Hypnotic, even. So my guess is that your fish are evil and they are trying to put you in a trance to do their evil bidding. Typical.