Friday, March 14, 2008

Ice Cream Week


So this has been an ice cream kinda week here are the rockstar mom palace. Grocery shopping Monday evening I brought home nice things like pizza and marshmallows and thanks to Niki, I know the pleasures of Ben and Jerry's Cinnamon Bun ice cream. It's like a cookie dough inspired ice cream, as it has chunks of cinnamon bun dough with swirls of cinnamon strudel. Let me tell you, I am not a cinnamon person, but this is pure decadence. So I got me some and that night after Hayley went to bed I picked up my spoon and the pint and sat on the couch and went to work. I finished it off without meaning too. I did feel slightly sick but oh it was worth it.
The next day was Erika's birthday, so we went to lunch, but Erika was in no mood to go back to work, especially not on her birthday and so we decided that we needed some more ice cream. We went over to Cold Stone and I got my usual of Cake Batter ice cream. I can't put into words how much I love to eat certain things that you are suppose to bake before they have been baked. So that was the second day in a row that there was ice cream involved.
Today Erika decided that work was killing her and off to lunch we went again to La Puenta's (not that one that burned down, the one just south of that) and ate smothered burritos. We decided that since we were here, the least we could do was to eat some fried ice cream. After we split the creamy goodness I realised a pattern, I'd taken a few days off in between, but my ice cream splurge was continuing. i pointed this out to Erika and she reminded me that tomorrow I'm joining her family for birthday dinner which will, more than likely, involve ice cream cake from Dairy Queen.

So I ask you, is there such a thing as too much ice cream? At what point will I die of sweet cream poisoning? And of course, will you wheel me around after I've lost the ability to stand upright due to my ice cream obsession?

1 comment:

ekluvsny said...

I like that I'M the one that doesn't want to work. I'm pretty sure you were involved on that decision. Hooray for ice cream and hooray for your face. I heart you.