Monday, March 22, 2010

3.5 Years of Fancypants

(I think maybe I should do more Hayley time lines just to post more, but that's for another day.)

It's been 6 months since you turned 3 but it's everyday that you still amaze me. While you're not putting on much (or any) weight, you seem taller every time I look at you. You also have learned more than I thought you would. You pick up on little things so fast, we can't say anything without you understanding, it's a little unfortunate. Although trying to help you understand about your up and coming baby brother. You think that you also have a baby in your tummy, although you're having a baby sister apparently.

You are still stubborn and opinionated, you want what you want, when you want it. I'm amazed at your coordination and your intelligence. After parent teacher conferences at your preschool I was feeling like an amazing mother, although I think you do teach yourself a lot. I've enjoyed your independence, but I also miss how you used to need me. You just need me to put your easy mac into the the microwave and taste it to make sure it's not too hot and buying you yogurt at the store, since you haven't figured out how to use that little plastic card that buys things yet. That's probably only take a few more months.

I've been making you photo books to keep track of your baby pictures. It's amazing to see how you've grown. Seeing pictures of you as a tiny baby and trying to see if the little girl you are now was in that tiny body. It's also reminding me that I don't take the same amount of pictures anymore. My dad said it's because we've gotten used to you, but I'd like to think it's because you don't change physically as much as you used to. The face I see today will be much the same in a month. Also I'm frustrated with our camera. It's old and doesn't take very good pictures, and as someone you doesn't know how to take good pictures, I need a camera that will do that for me. And has a battery that doesn't die in 30 minutes. Still, just know that it's not that you aren't as cute as you were, it's just the moments we share are less about how cute you look and more about how cute you act.

You've figured out that your mommy and daddy have other names, so it's a trial now to make sure that you call me mommy instead of "Willow" but it's hard to enforce when it makes me giggle when you call me by name. Also it's difficult to force you to come home with me when you beg for "2 more minutes" even though you have no concept of time.

You are already a computer whiz. For Christmas you got a few toddler games to use, but you also know how to use the Internet, at least as much as someone who can't read is able to. If we get you started on YouTube, you can keep yourself entertained for an hour. When one episode or clip of My Little Ponies ends you just click pictures of what you want watch next. Although you also tend to click a lot of ads, but they are attention grabbing.

I'm enjoying this last little time we have before you're not my sole focus. I'm nervous about how you will react, but I think after things settle down, you'll love being a big sister and I think you'll be a big help. I'm loving the hugs and kisses and it makes me so happy that you love so fiercely and so freely. You try and balance it out with tantrums, but it's those rays of sunshine that make this all worth it.

Love you,
Mama

No comments: