Tuesday, October 23, 2007

13 Spooky Months

Well Little One, since before you were born, your father has wanted you to go deer hunting with him. He has now had his wish. True, you didn't go out on the mountian (although you were asleep in the car when he went "scouting" so it's almost like you did) and sit in the cold, but you did wear your camo coveralls with an orange shirt and hang out in the grandparents trailer for 2 days, which is all anyone could ask of you.


Sometimes I'm amazed that your already 13 months and sometimes I can't believe you are only 13 months. You do seem to have this maturity about you. You are incredibly self-sufficent, so imagine my surprise when I give you spaghetti to feed yourself and you end up smashing it into your hair instead.



You are content to play on your own, but really want to play with others, already so social. But you also want what you want, when you want. There's no stopping you when you're determined to do/eat/play with something.



You talk up a storm, but only when you think no one is listening. In the car you are a fount of noises and sounds, but if I try to respond to you most of the time you'll clam right up. But you totally have the hang of uh-oh and woah and I swear you were saying "see" for horsies this weekend. You're almost to the point where you'll copy words from us, almost. Most times I can say "mama" at you until I'm blue in the face with no response but sometimes when I tell you "no" you respond "o" back at me.



You're such a stinker too. Always getting into things you're not suppose to (garbage cans, fire places, potted plants, etc) and you know what you shouldn't touch, because those are the things you want the most. But we try to keep you relatively safe, as long as it doesn't involve much effort. Distraction only works for you if we can provide you with something you really want, and you rarely want your toys more than you want something I just threw away.



For Halloween you're going to be the cutest little Dalmation. I'm trying to determine how to let you celebrate, should I drag you to the neighbors homes for candy that you know I'm going to eat for you (to make sure it's safe!) or just be at home all dressed up with nowhere to go? I'm going to start putting you into your costume everyday until Halloween. I paid over $10 for that thing, there's no way you're only going to wear it once.
But all in all, there's nothing else I would rather be doing than being your mom.
Love ya Boo!

PS I totally had this done over a week ago, but I'm too lazy to upload photos

No comments: