Wednesday, October 03, 2007

To The Unwashed Masses

I just read Stephen Fry's lengthy blessay (blog essay http://www.stephenfry.com/blog/?p=19) and while he's incredibly honest and funny about the whole thing it really does bring home that fan girls, like myself, are blips on the radar. They are one-dimensional. They are boorish. While they help pay the bills, they are also a necessary nuisance.

I wanted to blog something amusing today. I wanted to bring some lightness to my blog, but for some reason the only things I seem to post things that I don't know where else to put.

But after reading this, it breaks my heart a little. Yeah I know me and Tori Amos or never going to be BFFs, but it's a lovely innocent dream to think that having a deep conversation over a cuppa tea or a good curry. Must it be so ridiculous that I should stop investing my day dreaming into it?

Although, it's been interesting to discover Stephen's (Mr. Fry's) blog, because I can hear his voice while I read it and I love the quintessentially British feel of his writing and the humor infused in it.
So I'm going to keep reading his blog and we'll see what happens to those little day dreams about curry with the famous. Perhaps I'll try and let that die, along with the fan-girl part of my soul.

No comments: