Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Deadlines

(Although I want the Matt Nathanson post to stay at the top forever, life must go on)

For those of you who know me, you know that I've been desperate to get out of this work situation so that I have more time to sit around and watch soap operas and eat bon-bons, I just wanted to commemorate the last of the deadlines having past and once again being no closer to the bon-bon goal. Yesterday was the last. I no longer have any set dates to finish my employment. I can now be here forever! Hurrah!

I know that I should be patient and all that, but I feel like I've been patient enough the last 10 months Husband should have been working on this employment thing, but he let his temporary job rule his life and it didn't leave time for things like job-hunting or sleeping, so I try not to begrudge him the fact that nothing has happened, but I'm ticked off! I've been working this job that I do no enjoy because we need some health care in case one of us gets sick or we fell down a well or something and to pay the bills, but now it's the only thing supporting us and I feel a bit taken advantage of. I work hard all day (not blogging, as you can see from my track record) and then I get to go home and sometimes I get to relax but sometimes Husband has had a hard day of trying to keep up with the little girl and can't manage some dinner, and I understand that not everyday is going to be walking into a spotless home. I don't help much, but I feel like I'm justified in the level of housework I do most of the time, but I would like a little organization or some clearing of the general mess that lives in our house.
It's true that husband has only been jobless for about 2 weeks and that's a very short amount of time to have really devoted to the job search, but seeing my last deadline pass without having another to follow in it's place has left me a little defeated.

So I'll sit at work and eat my carrots and celery and watch the clock like a hawk and see the minutes of my life given to something that I care very little for while I miss my little girl and the opportunity to really clean my house (that's weird isn't it? I blame it on how much my job sucks.)

No comments: