Monday, April 23, 2007

7 Months

Well, little girl, it’s been an interesting month. You are starting to be mobile! You’re not quite crawling and you can’t yet go forward (much to your annoyance) but you can scoot backwards, but you haven’t figured out how to use this to your advantage. You’re starting to realize that you can control if you’re up or down and so we’re getting lots of little tumbles and some squealing when you want something and can’t figure out how to get it.

Sleeping! Oh the sleep! It’s terrible trying to put you to sleep, you still fight it not matter how tired you are, but once you’re asleep you’re staying asleep! Sometimes we can sleep until 7! But if you do wake up earlier, you will usually go back to sleep! It’s really been happy days, for me at least.

Let’s talk about teeth. I think your first tooth is coming in. I hope that’s what it is, since you’ve been kind of sick today. The best way to bring in your 7 month birthday would of course be to throw up on your mom and her newly changed sheets, so let’s blame the teeth. But there is no evidence yet, but that may explain your need for Tylenol every 4-6 hours. But the odd thing is your drool faucet has been turned way down. You don’t dribble everywhere like you use to. I’m fine with that, but it is totally weird.

So food, or the lack thereof. You love the little toddler biscuits, but you don’t like anything else. Anything. Ever. I was trying to give you bananas last night, last time you loved them, couldn’t get enough of them. Then, before the spoon got anywhere near your mouth, you pulled a face. You hadn’t even tasted it! You frustrate me with this. I keep trying to give you food and I keep having to wash it down the sink because you won’t eat it. You won’t eat more than 1 forced spoonful. Look, you’re going to love food someday; you’re supposed to be eating something at this point. I think you’re supposed to have 2 little meals everyday. I can’t get you to eat one spoonful of baby rice. I’m not sure what to do. Maybe I should just let you feed yourself, but then you’ll probably just put it in your hair.

Grandma Connie keeps cutting your hair. “Trimming” she calls it, but every week your baby hawk is a little bit shorter and straighter. It’s a good thing that very soon I’ll be watching you on Fridays. Very soon I won’t be the person you only see on Saturdays and Sundays, now I’ll have almost as much face-time as your babysitter! Maybe you will remember that I’m your mommy! We’ll have such lovely 3-day weekends together, of course I won’t see very much of you doing the rest of the week, after those nasty 10 hour days. I’m sure we’ll manage.

This weekend I took you out for a walk in your stroller. Grandma’s taken you out before, but I wasn’t there, so it was our first walk together. You loved it, just watching the grass and the gardens pass by, you sat forward and gripped the front of your stroller like you were hanging on for dear life, it was adorable. You just don’t want to miss a thing by sitting back.

You’re talking a lot more and of course being hysterical. You know what you want, but you just don’t know how to get it yet, but I’m sure given only a small amount of motor control, you’ll be taking over the world.

No comments: