Saturday, November 01, 2008

Boo! It's Halloween!

Or it was at least. The day stared off pretty good for me. I spent the day rockin' out as a teen from the 80s. Side pony tail? Check! legging? Check! Awesome and totally vintage Cure shirt? Check! (Technically it's not 80s vintage, but it's old man!)
At work I spent about 2 hours making a Halloween mix for my party and then headed over to my friend Erika's office for a 2 hour lunch and going away party for her assistant. We played my new awesome Halloween mix throughout. I was pleased as I ate my way through all the treats.
After the party I cut out of work early to go home and clean. We were hosting the Halloween party that night and I wanted to take Hayley out trick or treating for a bit before hand.
She refused to where the unicorn costume at any point, but she was such a cute Care Bear, that it didn't even matter. She loved going to houses and knocking on the door. She would only whisper "Trick or Treat" but it was still cute. She was also too shy to say thank you, she would just wave. But she made out like a bandit. The thing about going early, people are more likely to give you more than one piece of candy and be happy about it. We hit a few houses around ours and Husband freaked everyone out by being the worlds ugliest woman. I did what I could, but he still looked like a dead Indian woman in a really ugly dress and bad shoes.
After about an hour of walking around we headed home. I thought I had bought enough candy since the last few years we've had so much left over. Boy was I wrong! We were out in about 30 minutes, but we were lucky that my party guests had brought candy too! Thank you Magen for the dum-dums! Otherwise my house would have been egged and probably your cars too! Trish was the most excellent door-answerer and all I had to do was help eat the food! We watched Poltergeist. That movie is still freaky! I know I've seen it a ton, but it was the first time watching it as a mother, and believe me, I would totally walk into the spirit world if my little girl needed me. It was fun, having good friends over and eating good food and have great conversation. Thanks for the awesome Halloween you guys!

1 comment:

Becca said...

Troy says not nice things about that picture of Michael. Haley looks really cute! And I love your 80's costume! Plus, I'm really impressed, I've never seen you blog so many posts all at once like these last 3.